June 18, 2007

Thank you Eagles Nest!


Larry & Claire Boggs:
Thank you for the great trip! This group and all of HSBC are proud to be a part of your ministry in Guatemala! Thank you for allowing us to partner with you to share the love of Christ to those that you minister to.
Gary

Thank you to everyone that helped the group be able to go financially as well as for all the prayers for us before and while we were gone. We really felt them each day. But most of all I want to thank the team that went. I have lead teams of all age groups but this was my first time to lead a team of mostly high school students so I was not sure what to expect. But I want to say that I would be honored to take this team again anytime anywhere. They were willing to prepare before we left and do what ever was asked of them while we were in Guatemala. Of course it is always exciting for me to have people go on their first mission trip and on this trip we had 10. I truly feel that we have exposed our young people to things that will change their lives from now on. I know they will not look at missions and missionaries in the same light as they may have done before. They now realize the sacrifice they make to follow the call God places on them when they take their families around the world. Little things like street lights at night and nice smooth paved roads. We had such a great time going to the parks and schools and presenting the gospel and playing with the children at the Eagles Nest. For us to see these kids being loved by the incredible staff at the Eagles Nest was great to see. Meeting people like Marta and the rest of the staff there was an honor. Thelme fixed us great meals while we were there so all of us might have gained a few pounds. Again I want to thank everyone that helped us go thought prayers and financial support.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: